SEOUL, Feb. 10, 2010 - LG Electronics (LG), a global leader and technology innovator in mobile communications, is set to make another major splash in the touchphone market with the release of its LG Cookie Plus (LG GS500), a slick new 3G handset with SNS capabilities. Offering the same full touchscreen experience as the LG Cookie, its popular predecessor, the LG Cookie Plus is raising the bar with a host of exciting new features.
“The LG Cookie Plus is both a celebration of the original Cookie phone, which brought touchscreen technology to all, and an exciting first step in our new line of phones that will continue the Cookie legacy by adding creativity and affordability to the touch experience,” said Dr. Skott Ahn, President and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company.
Sociable, enjoyable and affordable, the LG Cookie Plus follows its successful predecessor in offering a full touchscreen, but enhances the Cookie experience with a fun graphical interface and convenient social networking connectivity.
Centered on social networking, the LG Cookie Plus boasts a flurry of friendly networking features. Easy SNS usability brings Facebook to your mobile screen for a simple social networking experience, while Twitter, Flickr and other top sites are also supported. LG’s unique peer management application, LiveSquare™, adds a visually dynamic and interactive dimension to keeping up with your closest contacts.
Maintaining the playful spirit of its forerunner, the LG Cookie Plus is equipped with fun features to keep you both engaged and entertained. LG’s Editable Screenshot MMS,which captures web images for editing and sending, is a creative social communication solution, while the animated UI and colourful theme options offer a splash of imagination and personality.
To build on the success of the original Cookie, LG plans to offer a full batch of new Cookie handsets in 2010. The new line of affordable touchscreen phones, to be unveiled over the next few months, will offer something to suit a variety of ages and tastes.
The LG Cookie Plus will be rolled out globally to 45 countries beginning with France and Italy in early March. For further information, please contact your local operator or visit www.lge.com.
Cookie + Sociable
· Simple & Intuitive SNS usability – A dedicated interface fits the world’s most popular social networking sites to your phone for a faster, easier and more intuitive experience
· LiveSquareTM – Bring your digital social networking to life with this peer management application that graphically keeps track of your most frequent contacts
· Editable Screenshot MMS – Share more with this capture-edit-send feature, which allows you to draw or write on photos and captured screen shots and send via MMS for visually rich communication
Cookie + Enjoyable
· Widget and Pocket Applications – Weather application preinstalled with support for a maximum of 40 possible on-screen widgets (applications may differ by country)
· Cartoon-like UI with Customizable Color Themes – The animated interface offers a touch of fresh originality accentuated by the phone’s 18 colourful themes for greater personal expression
· Plus Multimedia – 3MP camera with digital zoom, MPEG 4 video and MP3 audio playback support with FM tuner for your enjoyment
# # #
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing more than 84,000 people working in 115 operations including 84 subsidiaries around the world. With 2009 global sales of 55.5 trillion Korean Won (43.4 billion US Dollars), LG comprises of five business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Air Conditioning and Business Solutions. LG is one of the world’s leading producers of flat panel TVs, audio and video products, mobile handsets, air conditioners and washing machines. LG has signed a long-term agreement to become both a Global Partner of Formula 1™ and a Technology Partner of Formula 1™. As part of this top-level association, LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official consumer electronics, mobile phone and data processor of this global sporting event. For more information, please visit www.lge.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
The LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a leading global mobile communications and information company. With its cutting-edge technology and innovative design capabilities, LG creates handsets that provide an optimized mobile experience to customers around the world. LG is pursuing convergence technology and mobile computing products, while continuing its leadership role in mobile communication with stylish designs and smart technology. For more information, please visit www.lge.com.